- Number of British hospitals in debt doubles in one year March 12, 2014
Foundation trusts have delivered “efficiency savings” of £867 million so far this year, but this is 18 percent behind what the government has demanded.
- Students sue British government over ban on loans and grants March 11, 2014
Romanian and Bulgarian students are taking the British government to court over its decision to end financial support while they study in the UK.
- Britain: More health services face privatisation March 8, 2014
A recent UK survey found that 71 percent of GPs questioned believed rationing of health provision in their area had increased “significantly” since April 2013.
- UK High Court backs government imposition of fees for workers’ claims March 8, 2014
Workers are compelled, for the first time in the history of the Tribunal system, to pay upfront to bring a claim against mistreatment by an employer.
- Ukraine: The danger of fascism and war March 8, 2014
The International Youth and Students for Social Equality invites you to a meeting on the critical events in the Ukraine where we will outline the socialist perspective in opposition to the dangers of …
- German trade union advises workers to invest redundancy money with Thyssen Krupp March 12, 2014
IG Metall and the works council at Thyssen Krupp have suggested unemployed rail manufacturing workers hand their redundancy payments to the company to obtain another job.
- What the European Union said in 2012 about its current fascist allies in Ukraine March 12, 2014
The EU’s 2012 resolution condemning Ukrainian fascism refutes media claims that fascism plays only a minor role in the new pro-Western regime in Kiev.
- Kiev to build new army, impose austerity as civil war threatens Ukraine March 12, 2014
With Ukraine facing the likely secession of Crimea, the far-right regime in Kiev is moving to slash social spending and build a new army.
- French unions sign Socialist Party’s “Responsibility Pact” March 12, 2014
France’s unions are collaborating with President Hollande on the implementation of an austerity program that intensifies attacks on workers’ living standards.
- US, Europe step up pressure as Ukrainian crisis intensifies March 8, 2014
A Russian foreign ministry statement condemned the US and EU sanctions as “extremely unconstructive” and warned “they will not remain unanswered.”
For further news and analysis visit the World Socialist Web Site.