- Britain: More health services face privatisation March 8, 2014
A recent UK survey found that 71 percent of GPs questioned believed rationing of health provision in their area had increased “significantly” since April 2013.
- Ukraine: The danger of fascism and war March 8, 2014
The International Youth and Students for Social Equality invites you to a meeting on the critical events in the Ukraine where we will outline the socialist perspective in opposition to the dangers of …
- UK High Court backs government imposition of fees for workers’ claims March 8, 2014
Workers are compelled, for the first time in the history of the Tribunal system, to pay upfront to bring a claim against mistreatment by an employer.
- British government cuts funding for poorest university students March 7, 2014
University application figures in 2013 dropped to their lowest since 2009, with research highlighting the trebling of tuition fees to £9,000 as the main cause.
- British Labour Party ends block union membership March 6, 2014
A succession of trade union general secretaries, including Len McCluskey and Dave Prentis from the two largest unions, Unite and Unison, pledged their ongoing support to Labour at a special weekend co …
- Rome at risk of Detroit-style bankruptcy March 4, 2014
Italy’s new premier, Matteo Renzi, has approved a decree that prepares the framework for an unprecedented assault on public workers and services as well as the selloff of cultural assets.
- US media escalates propaganda offensive on Ukraine March 4, 2014
In the wake of the right-wing coup in Ukraine organized by the United States and the European powers, the American media is unleashing a torrent of lies and propaganda.
- US steps up pressure on Russia amid growing risk of war over Ukraine March 4, 2014
The world is being brought face to face with the disastrous consequences of the dissolution of the USSR, which has left the region vulnerable to imperialist intrigue, provocations and the rise of far- …
- Canada supports Ukraine coup, threats to Russia March 4, 2014
Canada’s Conservative government is issuing bellicose threats against Russia in unison with the Obama administration.
- Germany’s Angela Merkel feted by the UK to little effect March 4, 2014
The German chancellor allotted just six hours to her visit, stopping off on the way back to Berlin from Israel, where she had spent two days with her entire cabinet.
For further news and analysis visit the World Socialist Web Site.